Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pick a Pearl at Epcot.

Thanks to allears.net for the photo!

My favorite pavilion at Epcot is the Japan pavilion. As a little girl, I was obsessed with Japanese culture and pop culture and it soon became a tradition that every time I visited Mitsukoshi, the large department store located in the pavilion, I had to buy something. I've purchased flowery hair accessories and a kitty bowl in the past. This visit, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

While visiting in the past, I've always been mesmerized by those guests who have chosen their own oysters and had them opened to reveal pearls inside! I've always wanted to do this and now it seems I have a reason to!


Last Christmas, Tristan bought me this beautiful pearl ring from James Avery as a present. It is perfect for me because pearls are my favorite. I have pearl earrings, pearl necklaces, pearl bracelets, etc.

So it seems wonderfully fitting and romantic that when we visit Mitsukoshi in January, Tristan will pick out the oyster (and therefore the pearl) that I will have put into a new necklace. I have told him that he should pick whichever oyster he wants, though I did hint that plenty of people say to pick the ugliest and hairiest oyster there is for a bigger pearl! Who knows if there is any truth to that myth, but just about anything will make me happy. Several bloggers write about their fortune to find silver or black pearls but I'm really crossing my fingers for white, pinkish, whatever- anything but silver or black! Because then it won't match my ring much (but I'll be happy anyway.)



Lots of people purchase cage necklaces for their pearls before going to Disney to save a bit of money. Five dollars spent on eBay is much nicer than the price tag at Disney, I'm sure! Following suit, Tristan and I have decided on and will be ordering this Cinderella cage necklace to take on our trip so that I can use it immediately after choosing a pearl. I'm hoping it's small/discreet enough to wear in every day life once we get back as that is sort of the point, but nobody who knows me would be too surprised to see me wearing it anyway.

This is a part of the trip that I am extra excited about! I've been watching YouTube videos about the process just to keep me hyped up. This one is my favorite. :)

 

That's all for tonight. Have a magical day!

-Mari



0 comments:

Post a Comment