Friday, December 13, 2013

Disney dining.

I've gone to Disney on the dining plan before and for someone like me, who eats like a child and in extremely small portion sizes, it is way too much friggin' food.

BUT something glorious came from the dining plan when I went a few years back. We went to Sanaa (which was alright, but again I have the taste buds of a first grader) and when I was forced to choose a dessert, I picked the random mango tapioca pudding.

OH MY GOD. It's literally the best thing I have ever eaten in my entire life.

Bless you, my glorious little glass of heaven.

OMG just looking at the picture makes me audibly squeal in excitement. I know, I know- it's pudding, it's random, I could probably make it at home if I really tried hard enough, but I could also make Mickey waffles at home if I wanted to and it still wouldn't equate to eating a Mickey waffle AT DISNEY.

The rest of this blog post is a series of photos of the pudding, just to annoy/entice you.
Anyway, so I've dreamed about this pudding ever since and I just haven't made it back to Sanaa. I mentioned this to Tristan and after much debate we decided to re-visit Sanaa so my taste buds can be delighted by mango tapioca pudding again.

We have a very late 8:50 reservation the day we'll be visiting Epcot. We'll be snacking all day during Epcot so we probably won't be too hungry but our reservation is for dessert only (as I told the CM on the phone because I feel like a jerk for taking a whole table just to satisfy my pudding craving.)

My favorite things all in one... mango... tapioca... It's heaven!
We aren't doing a lot of full service this trip because frankly we're college kids and we're broke, so we'll be hitting up a lot of quick service places and the resort food court for most of our dining. But we did make a reservation at one other place...

The 50s Prime Time Cafe, located in Hollywood Studios.
This is another place that I went to with family a couple years back and it is the only place that I can recall visiting that I thought, "I should really go again and try this next time..." I went with A LOT of family, my immediate and extended cousins, and while I ordered chicken noodle soup (I think) some of my other family members ordered the chicken pot pie. I experienced major dinner envy that night.

It's not that I didn't enjoy my chicken noodle soup (I love chicken soup and it's a favorite of mine just about anywhere but I guess it wasn't very memorable because I can't even remember if that's what I really ordered, so crap.) but their chicken pot pie just looked soooo goood. So did just about everything else.

Okay, food always looks gross in these close-up pictures. How do restaurants do it for promotional shots?
So since we couldn't get Be Our Guest dinner reservations on short notice, we agreed on Prime Time. The mango tapioca pudding and chicken pot pie might be what I'm most excited for- I don't know, I'm weird like that.

IT'S SO EXCITING.
Finals finish this week and then I have all of winter break to count down to my magical trip. Well, I have to work too, which is probably going to stink because people just get really grumpy in malls around the holidays. I've already had a few crazy situations.

People, it's Christmas. You're supposed to be merry! If you're at the mall Christmas shopping, it probably means you have beloved family members who you are shopping for (who will likely physically be with you for Christmas) and the means to buy gifts. So feel blessed and stop yelling at random people in line.

On that note, have a magical day!

-Mari

0 comments:

Post a Comment