Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cinderella's carriage.

Going back to my Pick a Pearl post, I mentioned that I had purchased a Cinderella carriage cage necklace to place my pearl in after my experience is complete.

This is it, Instagram style.
I was surprised by how cute and dainty it is. I knew it couldn't be too large but with all the research I did, I only found photos of it being worn by small children, so it looked much larger in comparison.

As you can tell by comparing it to my (admittedly small hand) it's actually the perfect size! And the detail is stunning- take note of the little heart doors.

I must be a complete idiot because I couldn't figure out how to get it open. Tristan eventually did it for me and showed me how. I felt silly for not getting it on my own.

A poster on Tumblr as well as some research told me the little charm might change color with some time and that perhaps coating it with clear polish or top coat would make it last a little longer, so I did that. I used a cheap Sally Hansen brand and I'll report on how it keeps up much later.

All in all, I'm happy with my inexpensive purchase and it makes me all the more excited for visiting the parks.

This was another option but I went with the carriage.
I ordered mine from AOSDesign on Etsy, if you're interested in getting your own! As far as the Pick a Pearl necklace selection, there is also a Mickey Mouse-shaped cage in addition to other styles such as clams, hearts, turtles, etc... And if you're looking for just a plain necklace, there's a mini Cinderella glass slipper necklace that's just adorable as well.

37 days till Disney!
 For our 40th day, we watched vintage 90s videos of Magic Kingdom and Epcot (does that count as vintage?) on our Apple tv, including the "Day in the Magic Kingdom/Epcot" videos I shared last week. Tristan was enthralled to realize that he had been on Body Wars before it was shut down, since he remembered riding it vividly and apparently nobody in his family remembered this ride and told him he had made it up.

I'm worried about our vacation just flying by! On the bright side, it's December 1st, the beginning my favorite month of the year! Mostly because my birthday is the 29th, but also because Christmas, winter break and my mom's birthday. Plus all my Christmas shopping is just about done, can you believe it?
-Mari


0 comments:

Post a Comment