Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Another magical delivery! The Magic Bands are in!


Tristan and I were walking out the door this morning to run errands when I spotted a box hiding under a plant near the door- whoever delivered it hid it really well, I almost didn't even notice it.

I thought it was a Christmas present as my dad and I have both been online shopping like nobody's business. But Tristan picked it up and said, "It's our Magic Bands" and we both freaked out. I told him to open it then and there, then thought to pull out my phone to record the opening process.


I was shocked by how quickly they came. I'm pretty sure our last day to customize them was Friday. Saturday when I checked the status, the notice said "Make any last minute changes now! Your Magic Bands will be completed at any second!" or something to that effect. It's Tuesday and they were delivered this morning, it seems. So much faster than expected!

Pink and blue!
At first we were so excited that we said, "Ahh, we're going to wear them everywhere!" Then the excitement wore off and we realized we should keep them safe until we go as to not lose them before we even get on the plane, haha. (We are like children who can't wait to play with a new toy, clearly.)

Blurry car photo of our names next to our bands. Our names are on the inside as well. I love them!
We are 27 days out and getting more and more excited with each day that passes. My parents actually went to Florida this week to visit family, but made a stop at the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios for a mini vacation. I'm eager for them to come back and hear their stories of what has changed. They went to the Christmas Party on Sunday night and stayed at Art of Animation overnight (Sooo jealous! Why wasn't that resort available for our vacation?!)

A few days ago was our 30th day and our plans to celebrate didn't exactly work out the way we wanted them to. Instead, we watched The Little Mermaid on Blu-Ray and watched all the special features about The Little Mermaid ride that never came to be- we plan to compare it to the new one when we visit New Fantasyland for the first time together- although I did ride the version at California Adventure last year, and I suspect they're very similar if not the exact same.

Have a magical day!
-Mari

0 comments:

Post a Comment