Saturday, November 23, 2013

45 days until Disney!

One of my absolute favorite little tidbits about the new My Disney Experience web site is the glorious little countdown that appears whenever you log on to make changes to your itinerary.


It makes counting down fun and every time the number goes down, Tristan and I get a little more excited than before. 45 days will fly by like nothing, especially with how busy the holidays get, but it still seems like it can't come soon enough!

I saw on another blog recently a cute post about 100 Days of Disney Activities to do as a countdown activity. It had a ton of really sweet ideas for counting down each day with a child.

I really wanted to do something similar to this with Tristan, although he's not a pint-sized child. I still thought that he'd enjoy it as I know he's just as excited about this trip as I am.

But we didn't have 100 days to count and frankly we are both far too busy to do a Disney-related activity every single day- finals are looming, we both work crazy schedules and it's just gonna get busier as our trip comes closer.

So I wanted to do something every 10th day, and as it gets closer, every 5th day. We're at 45 today and my first little surprise for Tristan was five days ago, on the 50th day.


Tristan got up at 3:30 a.m.to go to work as usual on the 50th day, so when I woke up I was alone in the house. I knew he'd be home soon so I scrambled for some paper and wrote him a cute note letting him know it was the 50th day until the trip and to mark the occasion, I'd write 50 things I was excited to do at Disney together. When I finished the list, I put it somewhere I just knew he would find it - taped to the front of the television.

I don't have the whole list with me because after he read it, Tristan decided to keep it in his wallet (yes- I saw it there, babe, and you're adorable!) But it was filled with a couple of generic things:

  • Kiss in front of Cinderella Castle.
  • Eat Mickey Mouse ice cream bars.
  • Share a giant turkey leg!
 A couple of the things are more personalized to our vacation.

  • Be there for your first time on Soarin'.
 I almost fell out of my chair when I found out Tristan has never been on Soarin' before in all of his time at Disney. He said the line has always been too long. He's also never been on the monorail, as I found out after writing the list. So I'm excited to be with him as he experiences these two important Disney World must-dos for the first time.

  • See the opening ceremony at Magic Kingdom together.
Tristan is borderline obsessed with the opening ceremony. I think he has emotional attachment to it as his mother cried when she saw it for the first time on their last trip. Plus, the opening ceremony is the best of all the parks IMO.

Credit to coastergallery.com.
  • Be on the airplane together.
Tristan really adores airports. I'm more of a "let's hurry up and get there" person myself, but his excitement just to be at the airport together is rubbing off on me.

Credit to disneyfoodblog.com.
  • Drink at Epcot. 
Well, this one is more for me though Tristan wants to as well. This will be my first time at Disney since I've turned 21. I don't want to drink around the world because I'm picky and frankly I'd pass out by the third land, but I'm still wanting to mark the occasion properly.

Ordered from DisneyStore.com.
Other things I'm excited for including wearing our matching shirts and seeing New Fantasyland of course! I'm pumped to see the new Beauty and the Beast-themed area because that is my favorite Disney movie. I'm dying to see the inside of Be Our Guest- we couldn't get reservations with our trip just around the corner, but we are going to try and go for lunch. I'm also pumped to meet Gaston.

My, what a guy, that Gaston!

Anyway, so as I said today is the 45th day out. Because we're both busy today, we didn't really get to see each other much less do an activity. So our next celebration will have to be in five days on the 30th day out. I'll let you know what I decide to do to celebrate. :)

Have a magical day!

-Mari

0 comments:

Post a Comment