Thursday, December 19, 2013

Which bag to take?

I'm stressing out about this and it's such a miniscule issue. But seriously. Someone help me make a decision! I have a major (first world) problem!

BAGS is my problem!
I need to figure out what freakin' bag to carry with me in the parks. I have a couple of pre-existing options, or I need to buy a new one. In the past I have taken a huge backpack (too big), a little backpack (but one of those lame little stringy ones, so it was unorganized and useless), a crossbody bag (that was way too small) and a purse (actually wasn't too bad but I don't prefer it.)

On this trip I am planning (well, hoping) to take with me to the parks:
  • My wallet
  • Customized maps
  • A couple of vinylmation for trading
  • And small snacks!
Here are my options for this trip...

My pink flamingo rucksack! I got it on clearance at Icing.
Sometimes I use it for actual legitimate reasons, like school.
It carries pretty much everything I need, including my laptop.

Option A) My pink flamingo rucksack. It's basically a backpack but a little smaller. It's not meant to carry heavy things because sometimes I put my laptop in and then it refuses to close. But I won't be carrying my laptop, so it's not like it matters. So here's the pros and cons of the pink flamingo rucksack. Feel free to tell me if I forget anything obvious.



Pros
Cons
  • Plenty of room!
  • Especially to carry snacks!
  • Stays on your back, no having to put it down all the time like a purse.
  • Not too large like a normal backpack.
  • A little too big, maybe?
  • Having to take it off for rides and photos.
  • And to pay for things to get my wallet out.
  • It’s white. Will it get messy? Does it even matter?


I love this little sucker. My go-to crossbody.
I got it at Charlotte Russe for fifteen dollars, on sale.
It's bigger than my other crossbody and on a normal day carries:
My keys, wallet (which is large) and make-up bag if I stuff it in there well enough.

Option B) The small crossbody. This is my usual everyday bag. It does carry a surprising amount for how small it is, but I worry that I won't be able to take snacks! If I took this, I'd have to take the contents out of my wallet and put it into a smaller one to maximize space. It also has a small zippered compartment in the front. To the pros and cons...


Pros
Cons
  • It’s small.
  • I NEVER HAVE TO TAKE IT OFF! Literally, photos, rides, eating… so efficient.
  • It’s small.
  • It can’t hold many (if any) snacks so I’d have to eat prior to leaving the park and no snack during the day… is that so bad? I just don’t know…


And finally, option C.

My pink polka dot lunch tote from Old Navy.
This isn't actually it, but it's the closest I could find on the Internet.
It was pretty cheap and I bought it because I need it for school, but I haven't actually used it yet so I don't know what all fits in this little guy.


Option C) My pink polka dot lunch tote. I literally just bought this so I have no idea how much it can hold, but the reason I'm considering it at all is because it comes with this handy dandy crossbody strap. So technically, I think I could wear it as a crossbody bag. I might have to test it out first to see how much it really holds. The inside is insulated, so I can keep my wallet cold. LOL. Just kidding. It looks like it'll definitely hold a bit more than the standard crossbody bag...


Pros
Cons
  • I can take snacks!!!!
  • It’s got a crossbody strap attached so it’s a crossbody and a lunch tote in two?
  • So I could probably leave it on for rides and such instead of removing it all the time…
  • Kind of an awkward shape.
  • Definitely meant to be a lunch bag instead of a purse, but it could work, right?! Maybe?!
  • My camera will be insulated… I don’t think that’s really a con, but whatever.


So there's the pros and cons for everything. Someone needs to make a decision for me! I'm indecisive!

-Mari

0 comments:

Post a Comment