Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Happy 20 days til Disney!

Wow, time is flying by!

I had my last final today which is a milestone for me, as it was my last college final of my last college class. I'm finished with university classes and now it's time for student teaching. By the end of next semester I'll be ready to graduate and teach! I'm really excited to be a huge step closer to finishing my degree... but I'm also nervous. I'm like Peter Pan not wanting to grow up!

In the meantime, I get some wonderful things to look forward to- Christmas, my mom's birthday, my birthday and then of course... DISNEY!!!

I have no idea what I am going to do for my birthday. In the past, I traditionally invite all friends and family to a big dinner. I've done that every birthday since I turned sixteen. I swore last year was my last year of doing that because I was turning 21 and felt I needed to be more "grown up."

So this year I have a couple of things that I'd like to do, namely going to see Frozen again with my family and going to my favorite pizza place for a much smaller dinner with close friends. Other ideas include inviting said friends over for the night for drinks and playing zombie video games for hours on end (Wow, I thought I was turning into a 22 year old young adult, not a 13 year old teenage boy.) I'm viewing going to Disney as my birthday present to myself, so perhaps that's why I haven't actually organized much yet.

I think the week between my birthday and leaving for Disney is going to be pure TORTURE!

Today was 20 days til Disney and I have started packing! Here is a sneak peak at a few of the outfits in my suitcase.

Matching Mickey and Minnie shirts. Black leggings for me. Minnie ears. Red chunky necklace.
Not pictured: Socks, black boots, black sweater... or any of Tristan's things.
Our matching shirts will be worn on our park hopping AK/HS night. I always associate red and black with Hollywood Studios, for some reason. Maybe because the colors are so glam together, I don't know. The shirts are wrinkly from being thrown around for the last few weeks, forgive me.

The beginnings of our Shellie May and Duffy Disneybounds.
Not pictured: White tights, either of our shoes, my giant Shellie May bow.


The Disneybound is almost complete! I finally convinced Tristan to go with me to buy his shirt. He's hard to shop with, because he will only try on clothes if he feels confident that day (has been running lately, hasn't eaten a lot that day, etc.) because otherwise it doesn't look the way he wants it to.

He tried this shirt on and seemed to like it, which makes me happy! I want him to be comfortable even if he is only doing this to appease me. We found it at Old Navy on clearance for $13. My Shellie May dress was on sale similarly at Target, but I bought it in October so who knows if it's still available.

Cute!!!
I bought this adorable huge bow from Icing to go with the DB that is not packed because I've been wearing it so often. It looks especially cute when accessorizing a bun or ponytail! It makes me want to buy more bows.

From afar this looks weird, but it's actually a really cute polka dot dress with tights and a cardi. 

This looks like a giant puddle of gross when it's on my floor, but it's actually really cute on. I've worn this outfit combination for student teaching, and I love this dress! There's so many different ways to wear it, I get compliments on it all the time, and it makes me feel like a vintage housewife. I really want to wear it for Christmas but it's already packed. Resist the urge!

That's all I've packed so far. I planned all my outfits weeks ago, but now I'm starting to second guess them... it's so hard to pack without knowing the weather situation.

Things I need to pack but haven't:
  • Park tickets
  • Customized maps
  • Magic Bands
  • Duffy and Shellie
  • My Cinderella necklace
Indeed I have a lot of things to remember before leaving. At least I have my packing list finished and ready to be checked off. I don't even want to think about Tristan's method of packing, which I'm sure entails throwing random things into a suitcase. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it.

-Mari

0 comments:

Post a Comment