Friday, December 27, 2013

Merry Christmas to you (and to us!)

We had a wonderful Christmas here! Even better, Tristan and I took the whole weekend off because of my birthday (which is on Sunday) so we will be able to be together for our 10th day until Disney, which is tomorrow.

Us on Christmas. I can't wait to take these kinds of mushy photos in front of the castle.

Between the two of us, we rounded up (literally) hundreds of dollars in Disney gift cards. We are fortunate and blessed to have so many who love us! Because of this, we are going to Disney with lots more flexibility to spend and we are so grateful for that!

P.S. Notice the shirt Tristan is wearing in the above photo? That's his "Duffy Bear" shirt! :)

My family knows that I'm Disney obsessed and I received so many beautiful Disney gifts for Christmas, including...
  1. Disney Store "it's a small world" Animator Doll - Japan
  2. Minnie Mouse ornament
  3. Mickey and Minnie salt and pepper shakers (ceramic with magnets in their noses so that they kiss when they face each other! Sooo cute.)
  4. Mickey collectible figurine 
  5. Minnie Mouse pen and matching cupcake-styled stand for my desk
  6. Disney World notepad
  7. Mini Duffy!
Making use of my adorable stocking.
As far as non-Disney items, I lovingly received some other big ticket items...
  1.  A Bluetooth speaker for my phone (convenient!)
  2. Cognac boots (LOVE!!!!! I want to take them to Disney!)
One of my favorite gifts was this beauty, which was on my Christmas list...


This is actually from the parks, made to commemorate New Fantasyland. I am in love with it, absolutely in love. It is so much more beautiful in real life than in the photos, and even has gold threads (which I love particularly in Belle's dress.) It's a must have for any diehard Beauty and the Beast fan.

Tristan and I promised no Christmas gifts to each other, but since I bought him a stocking this year I slipped a little something inside. He likes Vinylmation and requested one from the Villains series. I felt worried about picking one out and having it be one he hated, so I grabbed a brand new tray and stared at it until I determined which was the best. Then I asked a co-worker to choose one also, and she happened to pick the exact same one I had! I told her, "This is a good sign!" So come Christmas Eve, Tristan opened the box and...


IT WAS THE CHASER! Is that good luck, or what?! I was soooo excited for him (and for myself, since I picked it... hahaha.)

And because I'm a shopaholic and I work in a mall, it was hard to stay away from the semi-annual sales that took place after Christmas. Because I'm obsessed, I went to Bath and Body Works and caved a little.

Their shower gels were on sale for $3 each! I mean, COME ON. I had to stock up on this stuff. It was the second day of the sale, so sadly there weren't many options available... I grabbed the very last Pink Chiffon and Cranberry Twinkle. These scents are all new to me as my favorites were sold out- I'm especially sad about missing out on the Winter Candy Apple shower gel, which is what I really wanted. :( (I did grab the last body mist, though... I wonder when they restock?)

So far, I've only used two and I love them both! Vanilla Bean Noel (how have I not smelled this stuff before?!) and Cranberry Twinkle. These two are from the Holiday Traditions line, so sadly I won't be able to grab more once I run out. At least until next Christmas!

And that's the last three days for me. Today was my mother's birthday, so we celebrated by shopping, eating and seeing Saving Mr. Banks. We are so Disney, aren't we?

Goodnight!

-Mari

0 comments:

Post a Comment