Monday, November 25, 2013

Oh no!

After writing our lists yesterday, I was informed that there is no longer a parade at Hollywood Studios. I had never seen a parade there anyway, but it was on Tristan's "must-do" list. Neither of us have been back since 2012, so I guess a lot has changed in the year we were away!


Rest in peace, Pixar parade. Is this even the correct parade? I wouldn't know, I've never seen it.
Learning this made me go check out what else is going to be gone or closed when we get there in January.

A bit of research told me that Splash Mountain, the Studio Backlot Tour and the Festival of the Lion King show are going to be closed when we get there.

Sorry I'm not sorry, Splash Mountain.
Splash Mountain isn't a big deal to me because every time I ride it, I worry about getting wet anyway. This is just a good way to avoid it entirely (though Tristan may not think so.)

I actually do really like the Backlot tour because of the exhibit and behind-the-scenes look.
But it's a little long and we won't have a lot of time anyway - so a blessing in disguise!

The Backlot Tour is another "eh" for me just because I told Tristan I would like to ride it, but it's not a necessity.

NOOOOOOO!!!!
The Festival of the Lion King being closed is super sad for me, though! One of the first things I ever told Tristan while we were dating was that I hated, hated, HATED Finding Nemo: the Musical and much preferred Festival of the Lion King. I thought he was going to stop the car and order me to get out! Haha. Nemo is probably Tristan's favorite attraction in all of Disney, so we have debated the issue constantly ever since.

So since Festival of the Lion King is sort of my "thing" at this point, I'm feeling sad that it's going to be closed. Does anybody know what's happening there, by the way? I heard it's going to be closed for up to six months. I'm slightly concerned that they're just saying it's temporary and it's actually closing for good but I can't imagine why. Anyone have any info?

On a random note, Casey's will be closed too. There goes my tradition of getting a hot dog on every trip.
In the end, we're going to have a magical trip no matter what! I'm not going to get too torn up about some things closing, as it could be worse. I'm just excited to experience the whole thing together for the first time!

Have a magical day!

-Mari

0 comments:

Post a Comment