Saturday, December 7, 2013

Planning what to wear.

It's 31 days out and I'm starting to wonder about when is an appropriate time to start packing things away for the trip. I've put away my Cinderella carriage necklace currently and that's about it, but I have written out exactly what I want to wear on every day that I'm there. This is something I've always done for every trip, including trips that are non-Disney related.

I'm really not a jeans and t-shirt girl. Not that I'm fashion savvy either, but I generally just prefer dresses, shorts, rompers, tights- just about anything over denim jeans. If I must wear pants due to weather, I go for leggings or colored pants rather than plain denim. Below is a series of photos taken over the course of the last year to give you an idea (the middle picture is at Comic Con if you're wondering where in the hell I found a group of Sailor scouts.)


Luckily, I live in Texas, so wearing dresses and shorts year-round is pretty do-able. We rarely get cold weather.

I know most people wear shorts/jeans and t-shirts to Disney, because they're on vacation and they can't be bothered and that's totally okay and I support you! I just can't do that for some reason... maybe I want to look nice because of pictures and the like, I don't know. So I have to plan my outfits before packing. Because if I decide to wear my red polka dot dress, I know I'm going to need my black tights because it'll be winter, but oh wait, that dress needs a belt, the brown skinny one, so let me write that down, and what shoes should I wear because my boots just won't go with that dress...

See my problem? That's why I have to write everything down from the actual outfit to all matching accessories, so I don't forget something and look like an imbecile.

Oh, look, I'm in jeans in this picture. After I gave that little rant and everything.
Well, at least they are technically jeggings.
My other issue is shoes. Whenever I was younger (well, teen years) and I went with my dad, he would become so irritated that I wanted to wear flats and sandals to Disney. Admittedly, they do nothing for support and probably aren't good for feet at all. But they went better with my outfits...

My dad wouldn't allow that though, so to appease him I wore tennis shoes to Disney while growing up. In recent times I have worn flats and sandals and they don't hurt me at all, with the exception of one black pair that made me want to kill myself last time I went to Disneyland. To be fair, those shoes hurt me even when I wear them here at home, so I should have known better. Never again.

This time, since it's winter, I'm planning on mostly wearing flat boots and maybe one pair of flats.


Made using Polyvore.
Whenever I want to plan and remember an outfit, I use Polyvore.com to create it and get an idea of what it's all going to look like together. On Polyvore you can type in "red polka dot dress" and bunches of them will come up and you choose whichever you want.

Above is an example of an outfit I'm going to try to wear at MK, though I don't know if the weather will permit it just yet (I'm kind of a pansy when it comes to the cold, so we'll see- I might give in.)

And have you ever heard of Disneybound?

A Peter Pan example from disneybound.tumblr.com.
Well, I don't have the resources to pull this off for every day we'll be there, so I'm just going with Disney sweaters and whatever matches my ears. But there is one day when I'm going to attempt a Disneybound, although it's a little more obscure than average.

Remember me saying I'm obsessed with Duffy?
Yeah, I'm going to be Shellie May for our Epcot visit and Tristan has agreed to be Duffy. I know, he must really love me. To be fair, it's not totally over-the-top. It's not like I'm forcing him to wear bear ears or a sailor cap. He'll be fine.

I already know I'm weird.
Here's the dress I bought, in terrible lighting. I also have a big bow I just bought last week to go on my head. Part of me thinks it's going to be adorable, though I know nobody is going to get it or even care. It's more for my own personal wants. But I don't care! I will wave my nerd flag high.

Of course, this is all weather-permitting. I've never worn a dress in January at Florida. In the past I've worn pants and even a sweater earlier in the day. I will be packing leggings, sweater tights and cardigans for the dresses I am hoping to wear on the trip and hopefully that will be enough to keep me warm.

San Antonio's definition of cold must be somewhat similar to Florida's definition of cold, right? I've been living in leggings the past two days and it's in the 30s, so what the hey?

-Mari

0 comments:

Post a Comment