Thursday, November 28, 2013

A little magic came in the mail today...

First things first, happy Thanksgiving to all and happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate it as well! I'm glad to announce that I will NOT be at work tonight for the first time in four years. I'm still working my fourth Black Friday but it's a normal day shift and not the middle of the night, crazy shift. I actually really like those crazy shifts but it just wasn't in the cards this year... and I'm glad for it!

Indeed it will be.

I did some minor traveling for Thanksgiving (30 minutes across town but whatever) and spent the night so I wasn't here yesterday to see this little package delivered at my door. From poking around on the Internet, I knew what would be inside so I pretty much tore through it until I got to the center. In the meantime, here's what the package consists of.

Ignore my funky nails in the next few photos. I usually don't let them get this chipped and ugly...
First things first, you unwrap your mystery box and are met with a holographic Mickey... ooooh... ahhh....

Last name blurred for privacy, clearly.
I just love this, it's so cute. I'm also a sucker for anything personalized. While I'm on the topic of personalizing and last names, everything we are getting in the mail says "The [MyLastName] Family/Party" and it always throws me off since obviously Tristan and I have different last names. It's a really weird thing to be picky about, but I wish somehow I could change it to his last name as I don't associate him with my last name AT ALL. There's a pretty good chance we'll be "the [HisLastName] family" some day anyway. Well, whatever. Not a big deal.

This trip we are staying value, at All-Star Sports.
The first thing in the box is the little booklet filled with information for you. It has your reservation confirmation number, resort, package type, arrival date and the booklet features all kinds of information about Magic Bands, MyMagic+, and your resort.

Most of the booklet I just skimmed through. It probably would only be really useful if we a) had never been to the park before and knew minimal information about what we were going to see and b) if we were actually using Fastpass+. Again, we are using Magic Bands but as a CM, we can't link our tickets to My Disney Experience... therefore, no Fastpass+. Bummer.

The thing I did love about the booklet was the information about the resort. Likely because I've never stayed at All-Star Sports before. Tristan has stayed at a variety of resorts from value to moderate and I've only ever stayed value (please, I'm not spending a buttload of money on a room where I'm only going to sleep and shower, nothing else) at Pop Century. We absolutely love Pop Century but since our trip was last minute, the only value open for our stay was the All-Stars. We chose Sports. I'm excited because I've never stayed there before, though I know it's not all that different from the others. Don't squash my excitement. :)

The magnet in the back of the book.
Another favorite part is this little magnet you can peel off the back of your booklet with your vacation date. Mine is happily stuck to my refrigerator as I type.

The most exciting part of the box by far.
At the bottom of the box lies your Mickey Mouse USB. Plug it into your computer for it to take you to My Disney Experience and show you two videos introducing you to MyMagic+. I was excited to watch but quickly lost that excitement when I realized it was the same video from the e-mail I received about using MyMagic+ in the first place. There's two videos but the other one is about Fastpass+ and so I didn't watch it as it was useless to me.

The Mickey USB is really cute anyway. It lights up green when you plug it in.  

The other thing we ordered pretty much instantly after booking our trip was our customized maps. Tristan and I worked on them together and were pretty excited about receiving them a couple of weeks ago.

Customized maps highlight your party's favorite attractions at each park!
Making the map was fun because Tristan and I got to share and talk about all of our must-dos and favorite things to see. You can choose to print them at home or you can have them mailed to you. The website warned that our maps may not come in time for our vacation (we ordered late October for a January vacation) but I think that's just a way to trick you into printing at home instead. We got ours with plenty of time to spare (early November.)

There it is, our little All-Star Sports!
The maps also come with a small sticker sheet in case you want to add any other must-see attractions. The star that says "My Resort" is meant for the big map with all of Disney World on it (which you get along with individual maps for each park.) There's our little guy... I think Tristan tried to place it perfectly over the star but missed?

We are 39 days out from our trip today. We should have done our 40-day activity yesterday but were both too busy with the holiday so I'm postponing it a bit. I'm fully expecting the month to fly by with finals, Christmas and the busy retail season at the Disney Store. I'm not sure if I want it to slow down a bit or come by faster. Hopefully time slows down a little at least while we're there.

Happy thanksgiving from us!

-Mari

0 comments:

Post a Comment