Friday, November 22, 2013

A little about the princess.

I don't know who on Earth is interested enough in my pixie-dust-filled life to come read, but just in case... Welcome to the new blog.

The reason for this is that I've been blogging pretty much since I was twelve. No kidding, do you remember Xanga? I've been using Tumblr for the past five years and while I love it and will continue to use it, it's more of a shrine to Disney pictures, movies and songs than it is a real blog. And I really do love blogging, so I've moved to a more text-friendly web site for text posts.


So welcome! This is me and my name is Mari, a self-described "exceptionally average 21 year old girl who works as a Disney Store cast member for her weekly dose of pixie dust and gas money." It really doesn't get much more simple than that!

There are three major aspects to my life that anybody who knows me should be aware of: I care deeply about my education and am currently a college senior, embracing my role as a teacher-in-training. I have loved Disney since birth and am currently working as a cast member at my local Disney Store. And I am deeply in love (and planning our first couples trip to Disney World) with my real life Prince Charming.

(I didn't have a picture of me at school or as a teacher, so have a Disneyland picture instead!)

As I said, I am a college senior and am mere months away from graduating. I am majoring in Education and hope to have my certification to teach early childhood-6th grade very soon. I'll spend the spring semester student teaching and am eagerly awaiting to see what grade I'll be working with! Working with children is a dream come true every day!


I've spent the last three years working at the Disney Store and I honestly feel like I'm living the dream. I don't know anybody who loves their job quite as much as I do. I've been a Disney lover since birth (might as well have been born wearing Mickey ears) and it was always a lifelong dream to work for the company. As it wasn't efficient to go work at the parks while trying to quickly get through college, I ended up at the Disney Store instead. As a result, all of my college friends know me as "that girl who works at the Disney Store." I've had pure strangers come up to me to seek vacation advice. Long story short, my job is fun and beautiful and perfect in every way.


And finally, my prince! Tristan and I met opening a new Disney Store in our city in 2011. We ran into each other periodically and talked on the phone a bit until we reunited a year later in 2012. We've been dating ever since. He doesn't work for Disney anymore, while I still do. He works at Starbucks currently while attending school to become a math teacher- which means one day we'll get summers off at the same time and presently I get lots of free coffee. Yay!

And that's just about all there is.

I'm hoping this blog will chronicle those three things- my adventures working for Disney, my adventures planning my Walt Disney World trip with Tristan this upcoming January and my journey to becoming a full-fledged teacher.

Thanks for reading!

-Mari





0 comments:

Post a Comment