Sunday, December 22, 2013

16 days til Disney... and Christmas is approaching!

Wow! I had about a minute to breathe after finals before I started working like a madwoman! The mall has been BUSY! It's to be expected, of course, but I still have no idea why so many people wait until the absolute last minute to Christmas shop. Is it the sales? Or are we a nation of procrastinators?

40% off at the Disney Store! There's my shameless promotion.
 All of my Christmas shopping is done, but it's tough resisting the urge to continue buying things on sale considering that I work at a mall. Just last night I purchased these his and hers stockings for Tristan and I. We promised each other no Christmas gifts to save money for our trip, so they'll be for next year (but I did sneak a little something something in there.) I've always wanted to get us Disney stockings.

The weekend before Christmas is always absolutely atrocious. I'm thankful that even though I work today, it's for a floor move so I don't actually have to interact with any hordes of people and I don't work at all Christmas Eve, which is in my mind the absolute worst day to work. Plus, all the hours don't hurt when I've got a big vacation coming up, amirite?

On the bright side, my manager bought me this adorable little ornament for my tree as a token of appreciation for my slave labor. Jk. Belle is my absolute favorite and I'm in love with the tiny details!
It's been so busy at both Disney and Starbucks that Tristan and I hadn't seen each other much for the last few days. So this morning we went to breakfast and mini golf.

My mom and dad used to go mini golfing at this particular place when they were teenagers and young adults, and they went again recently. (Side note: Today they're celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary.) My mom bought my sister and I two gift cards to go on mini golf dates, so Tristan and I utilized ours today to have a nice date and save some cash at the same time.

Pink and blue is kind of a theme with us.
It was a fun time. Tristan is absurdly good at every sport he tries, while I have self-diagnosed Dyspraxia and have no grace, hand-eye coordination, little strength and horrible aim. Basically, I have no gross motor skills and I suck at every sport in the entire world. So he beat me, as usual, and I pouted. My goal is to one day beat him at some sport. Doesn't matter what.

Tomorrow is 15 days until Disney. It's coming way too fast, and to think I still have to get through Christmas and my birthday first? This is gonna be a fun month...

-Mari

0 comments:

Post a Comment